Sunday, May 5, 2013

Stolen Bike

It's official, my son stole a bike. It was just for a little while... and he returned it to its rightful owner quite promptly... But the poor little girl-owner was quite shocked and visibly upset by the situation.

I don't blame her!

Alex headed down the street while I said goodbye to a Mom-friend at kindergarten. In that brief moment, he found an un-chained kids bike, got on it and started riding away (non-pedal, foot-powered bike). What a little vulture! Haha! I turn and called him in a surprised/impressed tone, I'm sure (cuz he's never ridden a bike before, even if it was just a walking bike)... Then I do a quick statical calculation of the likelihood that the owner is nearby and lo-and-behold, here comes a helmet-headed, concerned little thief-victim and her less concerned Mom (to my relief).

In the meantime Alex has traveled a short distance and realized he's never done this before - comes to an abrupt stop, looks at me with a concerned expressions and whimpers "Help."

He wasn't far, I got to him in no time, helped him, laughing a bit at the whole situation. Thank goodness for the amused Mom. All was forgiven and every one was relatively unscathed.

Alex got his new bike the following weekend. It's a tad big, but he's very happy walking it for now.

I must admit though, once it was fully assembled and he finished the inaugural ride, walk and general assessment he asked his Papa to "buy" him "the red car" (the one he was playing with at the store while his parents chose his first bike. (Haha, sigh...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts